- How does it work?
Molecular unraveling of ferroptosis
- How is the immune system reacting?
Immunogenic responses to ferroptotic cell death
- How to detect ferroptosis?
Identify early biomarkers of ferroptosis
- How effective is ferroptosis in killing therapy-resistant cancer cells?
Identify ferroptosis sensitizing strategies
- Which are important hubs in ferroptosis signaling?
Genome wide CRISPRCas9 screenings
- Which small compounds induce or inhibit ferroptosis?
Screening of compound libraries with our cutting-edge ferroptosis platform
- Which FDA-approved drugs induce or inhibit ferroptosis?
Screening of drug libraries allowing drug repurposing
- How can we detect ferroptosis in biofluids?
Develop new (real-time) diagnostic tools to detect ferroptosis
- What is the role of ferroptosis in acute organ injury?
Explore therapeutic targeting of ferroptosis in transplantation, single & multiple organ injury
- What is the role of ferroptosis in chronic degeneration processes?
Explore therapeutic targeting of ferroptosis in chronic kidney disease and multiple sclerosis
- How to use ferroptosis to rust away therapy-resistant cancers?
Development of ferroptosis inducing nanoparticles and liposome mediated sensitising strategies
- What are the causes of chronic kidney disease & its consequences?
Study environmental toxin-induced nephropathy, arterial media calcification & bone demineralisation
- How is injury/ferroptosis boosting immune response and regeneration?
- Can we stratify ICU patients for IL-1&-18 neutralising therapies?
Observational multicenter cohort studies to daily fingerprint inflammatory signature in (COVID-19+) ICU patients
- Can we stratify ICU patients for ferroptosis blocking strategies?
Observational multicenter cohort studies to daily fingerprint ferroptosis signature in (COVID-19+) ICU patients
- Can we predict tissue injury using nanopore episequencing of cell free DNA in biofluids?
Determine diagnostic potential of nanopore episequencing to detect tissue specific injury.
- Is metformin potential drug candidate for treatment of chronic kidney disease?
Interventional clinical study with metformin in CDK patients
- Operational cutting-edge service platform for drug testing in several experimental rodent models
- Acute & Chronic kidney disease along its co-morbidities (anemia, vascular calcification, bone disease)
- Nephrocalcinosis/lithiasis & Osteoporosis
- Provide metal and trace element detection (Atomic Absorption Spectrometry)
- Quantification of Al, Zn, Cu, Cr, Cd, Pb, Ni, Mn, Ca, Na, K, Fe, Sr, Pt, Se, As, Mg… in serum / plasma / urine / tissue samples from human or animal origin
- Unique histomorphometric analysis of human bone biopsies and rodent bone
- Evaluation of bone health by quantification of static (osteoid, mineralised bone, osteoblasts, osteoclasts…) and dynamic (bone formation rate, mineralization lag time…) parameters